I usually run my weekly recap on Saturdays, but many fun family events put the computer and The Lonely Marketer on the backburner for a day. But, I’m back and ready to highlight another week of great posts and articles. Here goes…
- Why Google Website Optimizer is a Win-Win: Andrew Goodman runs a story about Google’s new Website Optimizer. I suspect we’ll be seeing more posts about this tool – including my review coming this week.
- Paid Search Back-Checks, Slays Dragons, Asks for Little in Return: I’ve read Andrew Goodman’s book, but I don’t think I’ve yet to link out to him from this blog. And here, on my weekly recap are two references to articles he’s written. Andrew’s new column on Search Engine Land is sure to be a hit. This was his first post on that site.
- 3 Ways Social Media Marketing Helps SEO: Search Engine Land is quickly becoming a hub of great marketing information by expanding into many areas. This article by Cameron Olthuis highlights how social marking can play a role in ranking better on search engines.
- Convince me in Five Words or Less!: Christine Buske writes on Small Business Branding about writing a great tagline for your marketing strategy.
- Why Search Engine Optimization is Crucial for Your Small Business: Jake Matthews from 10e20 makes the case for the importance of SEO for small businesses. I couldn’t agree more!
- Do People Use Feed Counters to Show Off? Top 10 Ways to A Massive Subscriber List: Andy Beard talks about showing subscriber counts on your blog and methods to increase subscriptions.
- Corporate Blogging Strategies: Doug Karr has an excellent post about corporate blogging. He also offers resources for further research and methods for developing a corporate blog.
- Content Workshop: How to Make Long Content Easier to Read Without Sacrificing Creativity: Not only does the Internet Marketing Monitor blog get my nod for one of the best blog designs, but it also has great content. This article about making long content easier to read has some great information.
- Using the Internet to Bridge Marketing and Sales: Scott Orth at Search Engine Guide writes about better collaboration between marketing and sales and how the Internet can impact that.
Articles from elsewhere….
- The Death of the Page View
- Planning & Buying, Better Off Alone?
- IAB puts out industry guide to Internet lead quality
- Ad revenues for Yellow Pages, local search expected to register healthy growth
From The Lonely Marketer….
- Are Your Customers Forgetting About You?
- Another “Why Didn’t I Think of That” Idea
- Info on Branding and Ad Networks in PPC
- ‘March Madness’ Keyword Lacking PPC Creativity
- Major News Portal Embraces Social Media
Wow, it seems these recaps get longer and longer each week, but they do continue to get high traffic so it looks like most people like them. If you have content related to small business marketing and I’m not seeing it, please let me know. I try to keep these recaps to information that is useful to the small business marketer.